I’m one to use my journal as a space for brain dumping — a place where I write whatever is weighing me down or anything I want to document. But when I started journaling I often found it difficult to write anything at all because I didn’t know what to write. So for those of you just starting to get into the habit of journaling or wanting include journaling as part of your routine, I’ve compiled a few prompt ideas to get your brain juices going:
- What did you achieve you achieve today — big or small? How did it make you feel?
- What is something you heard/read recently that inspired you?
- What is one thing you would like to improve about yourself?
- What are some ideas you’ve had lately?
- Identify all your current emotions. Elaborate.
- What are you grateful for and why?
- Write about a happy moment in your life. Explain why that moment is so precious to you.
Keep in mind that these prompts are only a guide and intended to inspire you to start writing. For more tips on how to keep a regular journal check out my How I Started Journaling Regularly post.
Below is a print-out version of these prompts that you can stick to the front of your journal for easy reference. Check out my Instagram: @_bonitappetit_ for more inspiration.