There’s something about rainy mornings that make me crave all things cinnamon. Honestly, I just wanted to be snuggled up watching a movie and someone just magically bring me some warm gluten-free pancakes. But I’ve been working out in the mornings lately which really gets me energized for the rest of the day. All credit is given to my workout for giving me the motivation to make pancakes even though I was starving and could’ve just downed a couple of donuts except I probably would’ve had to make those too, so really I had no choice but to make pancakes.
You can probably also tell from my previous posts that I love pancakes. You would be correct to assume so. I love that pancakes can be customized in so many ways, so finding new ways to upgrade my pancake recipes is always a plus.
I decided to try something new with this recipe. I find that using boiled water for my chocolate cake recipe helps to keep the cake moist and fluffy. So I implemented that in this recipe as well. I would say that it definitely helped keep the pancakes from getting too dense. Adding coconut flour helps with this as well, so including both improved my pancakes a lot.
• 1 1/2 cups + 2 tablespoons self-raising gluten-free flour
• 1/4 cup coconut flour
• 1 tablespoon baking powder
• 2 eggs
• 1/4 cup oil (I used canola)
• 1 cup cashew milk
• 1 cup boiling water
• dash of salt
• 3 tablespoons of dark brown sugar
• 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon, powdered
1. Set stove or griddle to medium-high heat.
2. Combing flour, baking powder, salt, brown sugar, and cinnamon in mixing bowl.
3. Once thoroughly combined, add in eggs, oil, and milk and mix using an electric mixer. Add in boil water and mix slowly.
4. Pour batter onto pan or griddle as you would to make pancakes.
5 thoughts on “Cinnamon Brown Sugar Pancakes | Gluten-free, Dairy-free”
I love cinnamon. I actually put a few spoons in with my coffee grounds in the morning and it makes my house smelly heavenly. It also tastes great. I throw cinnamon in my oats, french toast, coffee but I have never thought to add it to pancakes! Something I will have to try. We need to facetime! LOL ❤ ❤ ❤
LikeLiked by 1 person
Cinnamon in coffee!! That is genius! NEED to try that 😍
LikeLiked by 1 person
I have never heard of adding boiling water to pancakes but I’m definitely going to try it – these look scrumptious!