You can’t go wrong with these cookies. I think oatmeal cookies are a bit underrated because people are constantly disappointed with the raisins that look like chocolate chips. But the reality is that oatmeal cookies are amazing when they’re made right.
These cookies have both the chewiness and crispiness that we all aim for when baking cookies. They’re also great for the people in your life who are “intolerant” to gluten-free food. They will actually love these.
If you’ve been following my blog for a while you’ll remember that I’ve already posted an oatmeal cookie recipe. I just really love oatmeal cookies and wanted to make an elevated version of them although I think they’re both equally as delicious. These are also best eaten while reading a book. xx
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 white granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup + 3 tablespoons gluten-free all-purpose plain flour
- 1/4 cup oat flour, gluten-free
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
1. Cream together butter and sugars in a large mixing bowl until light and creamy. Beat in egg and vanilla.
2. In a medium bowl, mix flours together. Add in baking soda, salt, and oats.
3. Add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips and chopped pecans.
4. Stir ingredients together and chill for 30 minutes in the fridge.
5. Preheat the oven to 375ºF. Scoop out balls of dough and place them on a greased cookie sheet. Bake cookies for 7-9 minutes or until edges are lightly browned
3 thoughts on “Chewy Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Pecan Cookies | Gluten-free”
I’ve never been a fan of oatmeal cookies because, as you said, I was always disappointed they weren’t chocolate chip, I also don’t like raisins. However, just recently I bit into a really good homemade oatmeal cookie and I was surprised at how yummy it was. Seeing your recipe and knowing how well you bake, I know these are delicious! I love that you add chocolate chips and pecans to them. It been that baking weather lately, so I think I will browse through your recipes and find one to make! ❤ ❤
LikeLiked by 1 person
Yay!! Honestly the best season for baking 😋