First of all, I’d like to apologize for not posting much lately. We recently moved house and I have been completely uninspired due to clutter that surrounds me.
But today I bring you a super simple recipe for a super simple healthy dessert. There are times when I’d like to eat healthier but would rather not compromise my sweet tooth. And that’s when this dessert comes in.
My mom used to make this dessert for me when I was still living at home. I really think this helps calm your craving for empanadas or pumpkin pie when you’re really wanting it.
In my opinion I think smaller sweet potatoes are better for this recipe, but if you only have larger potatoes, you can just use half of the potato and continue with the recipe.
Keep in mind that this is a healthy dessert and will not have the exact same taste as a more sugary dessert, but I must say that it’s absolutely delicious!
- 1 small sweet potato (or half a large one)
- pure maple syrup
- oil for brushing
- Set oven to 400°F( 205°C).
- Brush a bit of oil onto entire potato. If using a whole small potato, wrap in foil paper and place on baking sheet. If using half a larger potato, oil both sides before placing on lined baking sheet.
- Bake potato for 40 minutes or until completely cooked through.
- Cut potato in half and prepare like you would any baked potato starting with the marshmallows. Stuff with desired amount of marshmallows and place back in oven until completely melted. You can also microwave for about a minute if you’re impatient like me.
- Sprinkle desired amount cinnamon over the melted marshmallow and drizzle the potato with pure maple syrup.
3 thoughts on “Baked Sweet Potato Dessert | Gluten-free, Dairy-free”
This looks good! I’m not a fan of marshmallows, except when they are roasted over a campfire LOL. My mom used to make this as a casserole, and top it with the little colored marshmallows. I’d pick them off, but was still excited to see them. Might modify this, and make a protein powder frosting to go on top. I’m excited already! Thanks for this, your pictures are gorgeous! ❤ Hope you're doing well!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thats so funny! I had a hard time finding marshmallows over here that tasted.. good. 😆 the most common ones here taste like food dye 😝 but the protein powder frosting is definitely an even healthier way to go! 😋
This is interesting