THESE. ARE. THE. BEST. BROWNIES.
There are a lot of things in life that will let you down, but brownies aren’t one of them. So if you’re having a bad day, eat a whole pan of these and you’re good to go.
Recently, since moving to Australia, the whole visa situation has been a weigh-down. So chocolate has recently been my go-to to ease off some of the stress. The day I made these, I was craving chocolate covered blueberries or the Lindt chocolate with the blueberry bits inside. But I was also craving brownies. Just all the chocolate things.
It gave me this brilliant idea to put blueberries into my brownies because why not? I was pretty sure that there was no way this could go wrong. So I made the brownies.
Best decision I have ever made in my life. For some reason, blueberries taste so decadent when they are baked, like some kind of fancy candy. Most of us are huge fans of blueberry muffins, blueberry scones, blueberry pancakes, blueberry coffee cake… the list can go on. But while you’re at it, add blueberry brownies to the list!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup + 3 tablespoons self-raising gluten-free flour
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup blueberries
(Add as little or as many chocolate chips and blueberries as you’d like)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease an 8 x 8 baking pan.
- Beat eggs, sugars, and melted butter until well combined. Mix in cocoa powder.
- Fold in the flour until well combined. Gently stir in chocolate chips and blueberries.
- Pour mixture into the greased pan, and bake for 35-40 minutes or until the center is set.