These are the absolute best blueberry muffins I’ve ever tasted!
This was actually just a random experiment I decided to indulge in on a nice hot day (actually the worst days to bake but for some reason, my body was prepared to take on the challenge). And I don’t regret it!
I recently bought some muffin pans (finally), but not just any muffin pans — “Texas-style muffin pans.” Or so the label said which I bought in an Australian store. Didn’t even know “Texas-style” muffins were a thing? Anyway, I was super excited about them, so I thought what better way to break them in than with a classic blueberry muffin?
To be honest, I did not expect much from these muffins given that I was also trying to make spaghetti at the same time. And we all know that multi-tasking (a controversial topic for another day) rarely ends well especially when it involves cooking. But surprisingly I didn’t burn anything or accidentally swap ingredients. Where’s my award?
The best part was when I broke the freshly baked muffin apart to see it filled with so many yummy blueberries! This recipe is so surprisingly easy so I suggest you get onto it like right now. Yes, I mean now. I can bet you no one will know it’s even gluten-free.
- 2 cups gluten-free self-raising flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup lactose-free milk
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 375 grams fresh blueberries (3 of the small containers)
- Preheat oven to 375ºF (190ºC).
- Cream butter with a stand mixer. Add in sugar and mix well.
- Keep mixing while adding in one egg at a time. Add vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, salt, and baking powder together. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture alternating with the milk. Mix well.
- Crush 125 grams of blueberries in a small bowl and add to the muffin batter. Mix thoroughly. Then add the rest of the fresh blueberries to the batter.
- Mix well and scoop batter into lined or greased muffin pans. Sprinkle with some caster sugar over the top of each muffin.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Let cool and enjoy!