I’ve noticed that chai lattes aren’t really a thing in Australia. At least not in the area I live in.
I miss craving some kind of sugary (but not too sugary) iced coffee or tea drink and being able to drive through Starbucks to fulfill my needs. First of all, drive thrus are also not much of a thing in Australia. Second of all, apparently fancy coffee or tea drink with mysterious pumps of sweet something isn’t either.
Honestly, it’s just been plain hot here recently. It’s only made me crave an iced drink even more! So I decided to take it upon myself to create an almost identical drink to the Starbucks chai tea latte.
- 10 chai tea bags
- 4 cups water
- 5-6 tablespoons brown sugar
- Almond milk
- Heat water on stove top so that it doesn’t quite come to a boil.
- Turn off heat and set aside. Add in the tea bags and let sit for 15 minutes.
- After tea finishes brewing, take out tea bags and add in brown sugar. Stir until the sugar is completely dissolved and you no longer feel any sugar at the bottom of the pan.
- Pour into a bottle container and chill in fridge. You can either wait for it to chill a bit (recommended) or choose to make your latte now.
- Pour over ice until glass is about half full. Pour in almond milk to taste. You can adjust the quantity of each so that it’s as sweet or milk as you like.