I often get into a certain type of flavor such as chocolate, so then desserts for a couple weeks will revolve around chocolate (which is most of the time). But I do have my moments … my cinnamon sugar kicks that boost my creativity where I start creating things that may or may not be a “thing.” But with this cinnamon sugar blondie concoction, I sure hit the spot!
After further research, it turns out I wasn’t the first to come up with this idea. *rolls eyes* But hey, there’s no recipe like mine!
These blondies have a gooey center and a cinnamon sugar crinkle on top. They are excellent for keeping you up all night and for a sugar crash in time for a midday nap. All the sweetness you’ll ever want in a dessert.
Living gluten-free means having to find replacements for your old favorites. I have always enjoyed cereal. You can eat it as a dessert and almost convince yourself it’s healthy with all the vitamins and minerals added. In particular, I have been loving the Chex line. They have anything from plain to chocolate to … you guessed it … cinnamon sugar!
These cinnamon sugar blondies remind me of this cereal except with a lot more sugar and cinnamon. And sugar.
I’m making it sound like these blondies are overly sweet but they are actually perfect and hit the spot. But of course, if you’re not a sweets fan you may not be too into this recipe. But you must be since you’re reading this … Bon appétit!
- 2 2/3 cups Bisquick Gluten Free Pancake & Baking Mix
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar, for topping
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon, for topping
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Prepare an 8×8 pan with non-stick spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugars, salt and baking powder and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together eggs, butter and vanilla untilfrothy and thick. Gradually add dry mixture to wet ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Spread the batter evenly into the pan.
- Combine coconut sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle generously and evenly onto the batter. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
2 thoughts on “Gluten-free Cinnamon Sugar Blondies”
Wow…these are looking so tempting..loved it☺
LikeLiked by 1 person
Very yummy it is 🙂